Cost To Develop A Website Like CRAIGSLIST
Develop A Website Like CRAIGSLIST
Classified ads are a cost-effective and hassle-free way to connect with people and customers. It is an excellent platform to reach millions of global internet users. Everyone’s dream is developing a website like Craigslist which is the dais for multiple classified advertisements.
What is Craigslist?
Craigslist - a one-stop platform of local businesses all over the globe. It has gained notoriety with its global presence. Anyone can promote their business by posting ads on this platform free of cost.
A few bulletins of this free advertising site:
- It has 700 sites in 70 countries.
- Anyone can post any type of ad in any language since it supports 13 languages.
- It has a record of 50 billion monthly page views.
- Each month, 100 million classified ads are posting.
- The discussion forums are receiving a maximum of 200 million posts each month.
- Craigslist didn’t change its design over these 25 years since its inception but has gained popularity among millions of sites.
With those analytics, you can understand why everyone aspires to develop a website like Craigslist.
Have a solid classified business idea like Craigslist?
Let us build a solid business model for your unique idea.
You know picking a domain name, domain purchase, web hosting, and all the fundamentals. So, let us directly jump into the website design and development part of the website.
Successful factors of Craigslist that made it a giant in classified ads:
- CMS: You can design and develop the website like Craigslist from scratch or an open-source. However, WordPress is the sought-after open-source content management system for any business. It has a variety of themes, plugin, and features that can meet a classified ad requirement.
- Theme Selection: Theme selection for a website is like a canvas for painting. You can opt for any theme among the best suitable and multi-featured themes such as Classifieds ad theme, WordPress classifieds, Classified engine, and ClassiPress which comes with the features that a classified business needs. Check the theme of Craigslist how simple yet beautiful it is.
- Plugins: Use fully-functional classified plugins such as WPAdverts, WP User Front-end, and AWPCP for your classified site. These plugins let you decide between free and paid listings. If you want to make money with the website, then opt for paid listings.
How can you generate profits from this classified website?
These are the ways with which businesses can make monetization
- Google Ads
- Paid ads
- Paid features (for the inclusion of additional features)
- HOME PAGE: The categories on the home page of Craigslist’s website has community, housing, jobs, services, for sales, discussion forums, etc. and it shows up the latest ads on the home page.
- FOR USERS: The features such as forms for Registration or sign up from social networks, search functionality, featured ads, automatic geolocation, form for contacting sellers, reviews, add to favorites/follow, report, tags, and chat must be included.
- FOR ADMIN: These are the features that you need to include as an admin - manage (either add or remove) ads, manage categories, manage locations, manage payment gateways, verification of ads, etc.
- FOR SELLERS: Register/login, create ad listings (title, category, description, image, contact information), selection of ad type (payment or free), submit an ad are the essential features that must be included in the website. After getting approval from the admin, the ad will be live so that sellers can earn clicks and revenue.
- INTEGRATIONS: The must-have integrations for this classified website are Geotagging/Map integration, Multiple payment gateways, Multi-lingual integration, Rate and Review, SMS API integration, Chat, etc.
- Data Security: Security is the main concern in this multi-faceted website. As a site owner, you have to provide security for all the advertisers and users, sellers and buyers. As the site is loaded with the huge stack of listings and categories, you must ensure you provide impeccable security for the details and the user data.
- Event calendar: It is another prominent feature in Craigslist which can make broad awareness for ads. In the event creation, sellers can add their business details so that interested users can contact you. These events alert the users beforehand.
- Customer Support: Last but not least, a help desk is mandatory though you have provided everything related to the features and usage in the form of blogs or brochures on the website. It helps instant communication with the users and solves the issues on-time.
How Much Does it Cost to Develop a Classified Website Like CRAIGSLIST?
The cost for developing a website like Craigslist is little expensive and starts from $25000 which includes the cost of front and back-end development, UI/UX design, QA, enhancements, feature complexity, maintenance, and marketing and it will be stretch up based on the number of categories, features enhancements, and the number of locations. Hire a website development company that can perfectly craft the site design and developer who is adept at enhancing the features as your business is expanding.
In a nutshell, developing a website like Craigslist is not a tough row to hoe. Make your business objective clear and implement with the insights taken by Craigslist’s website. Your classified ad website will also rock in the future like Craigslist in the realm of business.