Difference Between UI and UX Which Comes First?
In the present design world, there is always a debate between two things that are not settled. Among them, the major one is the difference between UI and UX. The term UI stands for User Interface whereas another term UX stands for User Experience. Many analogies try to explain how these both work along together. But finding the correct answer seems to be not possible. However, if you are fresher in the design world or a Website Design and Development company hiring someone for a designing position, you have to know UI and UX. So, before discussing the differences between UI and UX, let's understand their definition.
What is UX Design, and How UX designer works?
UX design means understanding the complete user's journey and turning it into a unique product from start to end.
Working of a UX Designer
The UX designer plays an essential role in knowing the user’s entire journey. It means interviewing customers, understanding target consumers, performing user testing, defining user flow, etc.
Let's see how a UX designer works -
Through Research and Strategy
- Making a plan - The first thing a UX designer has to do at the beginning of the design process is create a strategic plan to ensure that stakeholders are aligned. It is also to know that they are functioning towards the common objectives.
- Research of the user - The work of a UX designer is not about something visual. But it is solving issues conceptually depending on data and deep analysis.
- Information architecture - It is the architecture that concentrates on labeling and organizing an app, website, or product content. The primary goal is to help the end-users find the data and reach their goals successfully.
Wireframing and Prototyping
- User flow creation - The procedure of UX design includes communicating with the end-users regarding their requirements. Later the designers create a user flow to help them finish their tasks.
- Wireframing -The skeleton of the interface is referred to as a wireframe. It is the minimum understanding of how a design will function on a certain level. The designers can create it manually or digitally.
- Testing - Testing with real end-users is the better way to know whether the designers are doing their job perfectly or not. Using a rough prototype can help designers acquire users’ information to validate their assumptions and ideas during the early designing process.
- Analysis - UX designers work along with the researchers and product managers to analyze test outcomes that will help them know the next phase.
What is UI design, and How a UI designer works?
Transforming wireframes into a polished graphical User Interface is UI designing. It is all about visual design elements, images, and typography to change the virtual interface into something valuable and digestible.
It will improve the product's usability and build the emotional bonding between the product and the end-user. So a UX is made up of many UI’s which combine into one thing to form an item.
Working of a UI Designer
During the prototyping stage, when the UX designer's job ends, the job of the UI designer starts. They begin functioning by utilizing wireframes and adding visual design to make the website aesthetically captivating, usable, and optimized to fit all screen sizes.
Let’s discuss how a UI designer works -
The Appearance and Feel of the Product
- Design research - Doing thorough research offers data about competitors and users. It also provides the designer with insights into the new trends of design. To meet the user’s expectations, it is important to find inspiration and design interfaces.
- Visual designing - A web designer and developer company has a UI designer who has to design the layout of the product. They also have to create the graphical interface elements incorporating fonts, icons, buttons, colors, etc.
- Graphic development and branding - UI designing is all about the brand positioning of the overall product. They should know how to balance usability and display your brand's identity, established by the creative or marketing team. UI designing is so similar to graphical designing.
- Designing systems - UI designers create pattern libraries, style guides, and component detail to know how every element appears. It is done to maintain brand and product consistency.
Interactivity and Responsiveness
- Animation and Interactivity - UI designers can utilize transitions, animations, or other interactive elements for designing interface interactivity.
- Responsive design - Interfaces must be compatible with all platforms, screen sizes, and devices in terms of form and operation.
- Prototyping - The UI prototype showcases each UI element and design interaction in real-time. The designers of UI acquire the feel of how the product is going to work.
Let's discuss here now the differences between UI and UX.
Differences Between UX and UI
UX design offers the complete feel of the user’s experience. UI is about how a product interface looks and operates. To solve a specific issue, a UX designer considers the entire journey of the end-user. It is like thinking about what tasks they need to complete? What steps will they take? And how well is the experience?
The UX designer concentrates on understanding the types of issues a customer faces and how a product will help them. The designer conducts extensive research to understand the user’s needs related to the product and target customers. They will map out a user's journey across a product after considering things such as information architecture. It means organizing and labeling a product and knowing the characteristics a user requires. It will create wireframes and allow them to prepare a blueprint.
After mapping the product blueprint, the UI designer begins his job of bringing it into reality. First, they consider all the user’s journey aspects involving the individual touchpoints and screens the user will face, like scrolling down a page, tapping a button, or swiping through the gallery with images.
As the UX designers map the entire user’s journey, the UI designer concentrates on each detail that leads to a smooth journey. UI design is all about appearance. These designers have a massive influence on whether a particular product is inclusive or accessible. They think of queries like which combination of colors can be utilized to enhance readability and create contrast? Or which color combinations will lead to blindness of colors?
In the product design and development process, UX designing comes first then, followed by UI designing. You can apply UX to any service, experience, and product. But UI is specific to experiences and products.
Significance of UI and UX
The main objective of any business is to enhance the growth and sales of the company. UX/UI plays a significant role in accomplishing this goal. It improves customer satisfaction and user experience, which will raise the user numbers in a particular app. You will provide the users with different choices and alternatives for your service or product. At this point, you will gain their attention for a short time. You have to capture their attention in less time.
The importance of UX and UI design is that it helps win a customer's confidence and provides the website or app based on what customers wish for. Therefore, a great UX/UI means that you have successfully gained the customer's attention, trust, and confidence.
Using UI and UX design is crucial for any start-up or small business to impress the customers at first so that it lasts long. Moreover, it is essential because it breaks or creates brand identification.
How do UX and UI designers work together?
In the process of development, the UX designer is the one who will decide on how the interface operates, and the UI designer is the one who decides on how the interface appears.
The two design teams collaborate and work on creating the product interface and experience. UX team mainly performs the tasks for app flow and navigation effectively. In addition, the UI team works on how the elements of the interface will visually appear on the user’s screen.
For example, if you have a requirement to add additional buttons on the user’s screen, then the UX team will think of laying buttons in the best way. On the other side, the UI team gets their designs to match the latest layout.
Communication and collaboration between the two teams will get you a user interface whose appearance is fantastic and the one that functions intuitively and efficiently.
Essential Components of UX/UI Design
Let’s discuss the critical components of UX/UI design:
1. Interaction Design
It is about designing conceptually through which the end-users will communicate with the application or product. This interaction comprises elements like colors, fonts, images, sounds, motion, icons, graphics, space, etc.
2. Information Architecture
Everything about Information Architecture is about fulfilling the strategies of a business by designing the information structure of the website or application. Its main objective is to offer consumers simple navigation on whatever site they browse. Therefore, they mainly try to provide the best menu on the user’s screen.
It is also referred to as user-friendliness. Usability is also about knowing if users are getting the data they want by visiting the website for the first time or utilizing the application. It will also help them in handling the errors and issues.
4. Visual Design
It means defining the brand of the company visually. When a designer finalizes the visual design, it will impact the behavior of users. It is not only about choosing the best images, fonts, colors, and icons but also recognizing the app or website’s appearance as it influences the user interaction.
It is all about creating the application sample for testing the features, usability, and look of a specific app even before it is launched in the current market. It is one of the least expensive ways to evaluate and test the application's functionality. It is to confirm whether it serves the intention of meeting the user’s requirements.
So, here you can learn about UX and UI designing to enhance the user experience and the product's appearance. You can learn the differences between UI and UX and how they work together to get you a great website or application with a fantastic design. You can also learn the critical components used by UI and UX designers. So hire the best web design services from Tvisha Technologies.