HOW TO USE MICROSOFT FORMS
Many organizations are receptive to new advancements and technology additions to make their enterprise's process better. Big companies like Microsoft are adding up new offerings and trying to provide exceptional services for other firms. Among the list of applications, Microsoft Forms is the Office365 application which lets you get an idea of customers' opinions and viewpoints.
Microsoft Forms can create quizzes, polls, questionnaires, and surveys for all business sizes. The data collection and analysis are simple through Microsoft Forms. More organizations benefit from getting responses from customers and obtaining real-time updates. It makes it an inseparable part and is mainly used by any Software Development Company. First, here let's find out What are Microsoft Forms?
Most users wish to have an application that makes it easy to gather survey data quickly. So, Microsoft launched an application called Microsoft Forms. It is a professional app through which you can create surveys, quizzes, and questions. You can then share it to web browsers with other users to make them fill out the built forms.
The one who designed the forms might check the results in real-time and analyze the collected data. The main intention of this app is to fulfil particular requirements to generate a report for various institutions and government agencies. Using Microsoft Forms by any Software Development Services or people is beneficial to them to reach the customers and know their feedback or opinions on a particular product or service.
Microsoft supported platforms and versions
Microsoft develops apps to be compatible to work on different platforms. It has covered almost all the versions and platforms such as Android, iOS, Windows, and MacOS. In addition, the mobile and desktop browsers support Microsoft Forms.
It will enable you to conduct extensive surveys and polls to the outside users in a more accessible and better way. Moreover, you can access the forms without installing any particular software. It is why it is not at all complicated to utilize Microsoft Forms.
How can you start with Microsoft Forms?
Many of them are unaware that Microsoft forms are mainly designed for the education field. But now, it is used by most industries for creating a poll, question, survey, or quiz. The people using Microsoft Office 365 applications can easily access Microsoft Forms. The one who has a Microsoft account can also access this tool.
Here are the steps through which you can get started with Microsoft Forms.
You need to login into your Microsoft account by giving your login credentials. It can be your Microsoft Outlook account, education school account, or business account.
You can then begin to search Microsoft Forms from the office 365 applications.
You can also search for Forms directly and sign in to it by giving your login credentials.
There is a row of templates with various choices to create a new form or quiz at the top of the Forms page. Next, you can find the generated forms in the current section. Here, you can view all the forms you pinned to the page to access it quickly or the recent forms you have created. To view all the previous forms, you can find them in the All My Forms section.
Finding the ways to create a new Microsoft Form
1. If you are from a Software Development organization and wish to create a new form, survey, or poll, you can click on the New Form option present on the Homepage. Now Microsoft Forms will open in a new browser tab. In this anonymous form, you can provide a name and description. You can also add an image by clicking on the image option present on the Homepage of Microsoft Forms.
2. If you want to add any questions, click on Add New.
3. You can choose which entry you have to pick from different choices for your forms in the pop-up box. You can find various options and questions on the quiz or survey form. The entry might be a choice button which is a free form fill in the blank text entry where the user has to provide data input and star rating. You can add different multiple-choice questions by providing answers using the choice button. You can also decide whether the person who is replying will be able to give different kinds of solutions or not. Finally, in the text button, the user can provide you with an answer by writing or typing anything they want in the text box. Now the form is ready to use, consisting of many questions. First, the thing you need to verify is how it appears. After that, it is time for you to see the form.
4. You will find a preview option on the toolbar at the top of the page on a mobile device or computer. For testing your form, fill it with some queries in the preview mode and then click on Submit. You can also choose the back option to continue the process of editing.
When and how can you use Microsoft Forms?
It is not that difficult to use Microsoft Forms. You can create quizzes or forms easily. The difference is that quizzes involve the correct answers and can be scored. After making the form, you can then share it with a specific audience and evaluate the results in real-time using the built-in analytics display.
You might get a query about when you can use Microsoft Forms based on its implications. Most government agencies, corporations, and organizations use Microsoft Forms to collect and communicate information with their customers and staff. The following we discuss here are the options or instances where you wish to utilize the services of Microsoft Forms.
- You can easily create a quiz and share it with unknown users.
- Many teachers and educators use Microsoft Forms to assess their students on specific topics.
- You can use Microsoft Forms for the development of small business order applications.
- You can use Microsoft Forms when you wish to integrate the registration forms, survey, and quiz on any of your blogs, learning management system, or website.
- You can customize the forms and links of the forms app with any Microsoft services like Micros and Microsoft Teams.
How can you share Microsoft Forms?
You can share Microsoft Forms within your company or with anyone outside your company as there are many options available in the forms app. You can click on the sharing option present on the Forms app.
The first thing is to copy the URL and paste it into your email. The individual who clicks on the URL sent through email will be redirected to the form. Here they can open the form and provide their response. Sharing a quiz, poll, or survey is easier using Microsoft Forms. Many software development companies would feel it is better to share the surveys, quizzes, and votes with their customers and team members.
The one who gets access to the link can easily access certain created forms from Microsoft Forms. You can even share the templates with others for designing surveys at any time in different colours. In addition, it can allow others to develop similar types of forms when it is needed.
Generate a QR code for your Microsoft Form to access at any time. When the recipient scans the QR code, they will gain access to Microsoft Forms. Another alternative to share the forms is through email or embed. It is an excellent feature as you share them with other Microsft products. It is simple and easy to share. So, it is better to follow towards integration instead of different routes.
What are the ways of seeing responses and results?
It's time to review the responses once users finish filling out any surveys. Studying the procedure is easy and doesn't require much effort. You can find a responses tab at the top if you have created a study. When you click on it, a dashboard will be opened.
After you click on the responses tab, you can find analytics joined with the data that allows you to know the user's responses. You can also transport the results to the Excel sheet for understanding the reactions of an individual that filled the survey form,
You can learn all the responses given by them, like the average time it took for an individual to complete filling a form, how many of them responded by filling the forms and what are the complete answers. The responses can also be displayed visually in bar graphs, standard charts, pie charts, etc.
Now, let's discuss the advantages of using Microsoft Forms.
Benefits of using Microsoft Forms
Microsoft is mainly designed with the thought of students, teachers, and educators in mind. However, it also offers benefits to different kinds of businesses and people.
- If you use videos and images in your quizzes and polls, you can make different queries depending on the content of the visual component.
- You can use Microsoft Forms for constructing math tests by using mathematical symbols.
- Based on your audience's taste and preference, you can distribute polls and quizzes in any manner. For example, you can share Microsoft Forms through emails, links, or QR codes that you can scan with a mobile device.
- You can create quizzes or surveys to gather your team's information on collaborative activities and initiatives.
- You can also customize the forms depending on the response of a user. Once you know their answer, you can alter it in your style with creativity.
- Using a link attached to the form gives easy access to the other people and your organization's coworkers.
Limitations of Microsoft Forms
- There is a limit of 100 questions to create in one Microsoft Form.
- The multiple-choice questions can only take up to 60 questions.
- It is not possible to save the form for later use or can edit the response that has been submitted already.
- On textual responses, you can use about 4000 characters.
- You can use up to 2 to 10 options per response in the ranking questions. If you have a random question with two choices, you can only ask 50 queries. On the other side, if your question has ten options, you can only ask up to 20 questions.
Thus, these are the ways of using Microsoft Forms. Here, you can create quizzes, polls, questionnaires, surveys, etc. Using Microsoft Forms is straightforward. You can share any form you have made through emails or by utilizing a link to share access to all the people who have Microsoft accounts or Office 365 subscriptions. You can also easily collaborate with other Microsoft services like Microsoft Stream etc. You can also integrate Microsoft Forms with PowerBI and Power Automate.